- DfT approved
- Reduces total cost of ownership through reusable sample wipes and fewer consumables
- Eliminates the need for explosives reference libraries
- Provides a simpler, safer approach to explosives trace detection, as no dryer consumables, carrier gases or radioactive sources are required
- Speeds checkpoint throughput by reducing analysis time to less than four seconds
- Provides maximum up-time, as system is contamination-resilient and does not require bake-out or clear-down sessions
- Facilitates ease-of-use through integrated touch screen and intuitive pass/alarm indicator
Detect virtually any explosive in less than four seconds — without relying on a reference library that must be constantly updated. Leveraging L-3’s innovative energetic materials detection (EMD) technology, the OptEX desktop explosives trace detection system allows security personnel to resolve threats quickly while keeping bags and people moving.
OptEX strengthens security at airports, seaports, border crossings, air cargo facilities, embassies and other critical infrastructure facilities through an improved approach to screening trace amounts of explosives. Departing from conventional ion mobility spectrometer (IMS) technology, OptEX searches for unique heat signatures that indicate traces of explosives. This unique technology enables OptEX to quickly and safely detect energetic material — from newly created compounds to documented substances.
Advantages of L-3’s OptEX
- Better detection, lower maintenance — Energetic materials detection (EMD) is based on heat signatures, enabling detection of any type of explosives, known or not. Because no reference library is needed, the system never needs updating
- Faster screening — Detects virtually any explosive in less than 4 seconds
- Rapid automatic startup — Readies the device for operation in less than 2 minutes
- Reduced operating costs — Total cost of ownership is reduced through reusable sample wipes and fewer consumables
- Ease of use — Users of every skill level can operate OptEX with minimal training by simply wiping any object with a sample wipe and inserting it into the OptEX detector